Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Buckingham Palace in Colorado?


It's been a while since we've been in touch and I hope you are enjoying this beautiful time of year. The Aspens invite you to touch them with the warmth of their gold and yellow leaves quaking as you pass by. I recently had opportunity to spend the afternoon chilling in the back yard with Anne Perry. Well, not actually WITH her, but I definitely buried myself in her latest in the Pitt series.


This craft of fiction writing grows a deeper passion as I study layers of characters, places and plots. Even pushing the stakes higher and higher draws my heart out even more. Originally, I purchased the book so I could mark page tension, stakes, character layers, place, etc. You know--sort of a text book of sorts. And, oh yea--antagonist layers. A great book for study or pleasure!

I discovered a neat cozy mystery from the Victorian era in England. The book stretches from England to Africa--global stakes here! Though his diplomatic skills may seem not quite up to par, Thomas Pitt is one great detective for the Special Branch. His household maid joins him in Buckingham Palace and snoops the premises to solve a murder mystery or two. The plot twists are fantastic even leading one to suspect the heir to the throne may be guilty.

Winter will soon be upon us and if you'd like a cozy book to go along with the hot chocolate and afghan while you curl up by the fire, pick up a copy of Buckingham Palace Gardens.

Till next time~~Happy reading,
Jackie

No comments: