Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rico--The Lady of Tranquility


Good evening,
I hope the weekend has been a blessing. We had a gorgeous one in Colorado!

These two pictures are but a taste of the area around Rico, Colorado. For those of you who know the plot of my book, I'm sure you understand the message behind the cemetery. Yes, a man will speak from the grave and shine light on much going on in the world after he's gone.
But, beyond the graves, take note of the splendor of the nature in that area. Everything from Rico to Ridgeway spoke of absolutely the most breathtaking scenery. For more information on this fantastic vacation area please click on this post title.

Even though the weekend was busy seeding and fertilizing a lawn, meeting with friends, gaining a surrogate daughter for the summer, (yes, you read that right) and cleaning the house, I was able to crank out a chapter of the book. I do have a goal of about

80,000 words before fall and I'm at about 33,000 now. Please pray with me as I search for an editor.

Hopefully, I'll be submitting another short devotional within the next couple weeks--need that platform.

Plans for the fourth? If you are looking for a great place for fireworks, Palmer Lake, Colorado, is always the best. It will take you a while to find a parking place in this small mountain town and over an hour to leave. But, sit back and enjoy the fellowship in your car. No work on Saturday. Hope you got that memo!
That's it for tonight. Please feel free to leave a comment or question!
~~Jackie



No comments: